Using the TESP¶
TESP runs primarily on Linux (Ubuntu tested). Execution on Windows and Mac OS X is available through a Linux virtual machine or Docker, both of which are free downloads. See this site and the repository at https://github.com/pnnl/tesp/ for more information.
TESP comes with the following components:
Python packages for TEAgents, case configuration and post-processing.
GridLAB-D for electric power distribution systems, along with residential and small commercial buildings, built with HELICS and FNCS.
EnergyPlus v8.3 to simulate large buildings, built with FNCS and a bridge to HELICS.
PYPOWER for bulk system power flow and optimal power flow, with HELICS and FNCS wrappers.
ns-3 for communication system simulation, built with HELICS and in debug mode to enable logging.
A command-line version of OpenDSS, built with FNCS.
Examples of simple and unpackaged TEAgents in Python, Java and C++.
Examples from NIST TE Challenge II and other case studies.
An 8-bus test system based on public ERCOT data.
There are two ways of using the TESP:
Install TESP: this may require administrator privileges on the target computer and supplemental downloads. It will be possible to develop new TEAgents and valuation scripts by modifying or developing Python, Java or C++ code.
Build TESP: in addition to the skill set for installing TESP, users should be familiar with configuring environments and using C/C++ compilers on the target computer. This approach enables the user to develop new TEAgents (as above), and also to replace or upgrade co-simulation federates within TESP.
- Installing on Linux
- Installing on Windows
- Installing on Mac OS X
- Using Docker and the autotest.py script
- Running Examples
- Prerequisite - Make a Local Copy of the Examples
- loadshed - verify GridLAB-D and Python over HELICS
- loadshed - verify GridLAB-D and Java over HELICS
- loadshed - verify GridLAB-D and Python over FNCS
- loadshed - verify GridLAB-D and Java over FNCS
- energyplus - verifies EnergyPlus over FNCS
- pypower - verifies PYPOWER over FNCS
- te30 - 30 houses, 1 school, 4 generators over FNCS
- sgip1 (runs longer) - 1594 houses, 1 school, 4 generators over FNCS
- ieee8500 (runs longer)
- Advice for Windows and Mac OS X